TRIPAWDS: Home to 12576 Members and 1445 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

Mavericks out of surgery!!!

November 4, 2013

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

Maverick is officially out of surgery and doing great! I pick him up Wednesday night after work and then the real work begins, lol. I had my panic attack this afternoon, waiting for the call but we made it and everything is okay! I have a whole fleet of old friends checking on him in recovery for me so I think Maverick wont be lonely for a second. Oh, sweet relief!Maverick in recovery

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

9 Responses to “Mavericks out of surgery!!!”

1. Linda Morrice said:

Glad to hear that both Maverick and you are over the initial hurdle of surgery.

As was my experience with Tucker, Maverick will be well cared for by skilled veterinarians during the most acute recovery stage and then he will get to come home to his loving family.

Try to get some rest the next few nights.

Linda and Tucker 🙂

2. benny55 said:

R.E.L.I.E.F indeed!! Felt that sighof relief all the wah over here in Virginia!! Thought it was a hurricane!!

It’s so hard to imagane a youngster havng to go through this, but he will be so much better off this way!! What an adorable patient! Clearly not feeling a thing at this point! Perhaps seeing one too many pink elephants though!

3. benny55 said:

OOPS Hit my “reply” to quicky!

Just want to add, get soegood sleep and rest tonight and tomorrow! Once Maverick starts feeling betterZyou are going to have a “wild child” on your paws! And that will also be a relief!!

Will look forward to your update Wednesday! And just know he may, or may not have a rough several days with the meds, managing the pain and adust adjusting to the whole process! Your biggest challenge will probavy beto not let him overdo it as he’s feeling better!

Hugs to all!

Sally and Happy Hannah

4. mavericksmom said:

Thanks for the support, everyone! I’m working on the chocolate diet as previously suggested. I’m just so glad the surgery is over and no more waiting. Ok, a little more waiting for him to come home but the big wait is over. Keeping him calm will be a little slice of hell but it will all be worth it to get him better.

5. fourminipups said:

Yay for Maverick! Time to rest up, but I have a feeling that he’s going to be a superstar tripawd. Keep us updated.

Luanne and Spirit Shooter

6. brinkley said:

My Brinkley’s surgery is today and I’m so scared. Husband against the whole thing, but in my heart I know it’s the right thing. You have helped and I’ll be anxious to hear more about Maverick is doing. They thought Brinkley would only have to stay overnight one night and I’m glad my husband will be gone for five days as the hardest part of having Brinkley home will be easier for me to handle alone.

• mavericksmom said:

Hi Brinkley and mom 🙂 It’s always scary but know that if this is the best choice for you and Brinkley then it is without a doubt the right one. You are never alone in this, we’re here with you. Big hugs!

7. jerry said:

Ohhhh little buddy! I’m so glad you made it through! Have fun dancing with the pink elephants, you’ll be back to your old self in no time.

Hugs all around!

8. mavericksmom said:

Got another update from my little elves at the hospital 🙂 Maverick is hoping around like a nut and eating like a champ. No stinkin’ surgery is going to keep that pup down!